Looking ahead 5-10 years. Where do you drop your Benjamins?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Many here know I have a shitty outlook on the stock market/US economy in general over the next year at the minimum. Personally I feel that we won't see 4800 again on the S&P500 for a long time. As a technical trader I see the general market in another swing leg down in a cyclical bear market that started with small caps in early 2021. I feel the next few months are going to be painful but we do have potential for a delayed (6-9 months) reaction to the inflation bubble bursting. The Fed has indicated they are not stopping rate hikes any time soon. This is my opinion and I have been using bear put and call spreads to minimize risk. This has been working well but I want to know where you all plant put your moolah over the next ten years.

Currently I have just started 5 I bond accounts for the family and maxed them out at $10k each. The bulk of rest of the savings is currently in a 4% discover CD. I am not ready to dabble longterm in the market yet. Some smaller placements I have are a REIT(AGNC) that I have been into for a longtime and is set up as a DRIP. Discover 3% savings account(some more of our savings). My Annuity is currently 90% stable value fund and the rest large cap growth. Where are you planting your seeds?

dollar-cost-averaging all the stuff we purchased the last 3 years. (401k only)
savings for next couple years of college - prob combo of CD and savings accounts
pay into house to reduce monthly cash flow in the future, maybe paying it off in the next couple years - or re-cast it.
Let it ride - it is only a line on a page if i don't sell it.....

5 - 10 years? I will stay invested in stocks! Missing even one big up day might have a huge effect on long term gain. I will continue to keep a healthy percentage of bonds but stocks are obviously where to see gain over a 10 year time frame. I don't care about doom and gloom predictions over the next year or two, as my time frame is always longer term.

5 - 10 years? I will stay invested in stocks! Missing even one big up day might have a huge effect on long term gain. I will continue to keep a healthy percentage of bonds but stocks are obviously where to see gain over a 10 year time frame. I don't care about doom and gloom predictions over the next year or two, as my time frame is always longer term.
Well normally yes but I am visualizing a sideway/down market next 5-10 years.

Continue what I’ve done the past 5-10 years and DCA into: VTI, VXUS, GBTC (and BTC). Some target funds are in the kids 529s and wife’s ROTH for applicable years and that’s it, very simple.

Continue what I’ve done the past 5-10 years and DCA into: VTI, VXUS, GBTC (and BTC). Some target funds are in the kids 529s and wife’s ROTH for applicable years and that’s it, very simple.
I won’t touch btc til 10k

Back
Top Bottom