2023 edition 31/31 / Halters cycles / MTBNJ Ride Every Day Contest For bragging rights and more. NOW with 21/31 option

Ride 23/21 - Make up day 2/2
Should have 21 good rides now.
Melting on the jump trails at high bridge.
https://strava.app.link/CjGsN4leOBb
IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5015.jpeg

July 28
Ride 23/21

Worked from home today. Woke up about 4:45am. Perfect opportunity to “beat the heat” and go for an early morning pre work ride. Not this kid. Instead took on the hottest part of the day and hit the sourlands for an after work ride. Tried to move fast enough to stay ahead of the gnats.

Only took 1hr and 34min of real time to get 1-hr and 8min of sourland time.

IMG_7862.jpeg

Well it sucks having to post after that ride @Steve Vai 🤯

7/28/2023
Day 20 of 21
1:18

Only time to ride today was lunchtime. We stuck to the usual flat lunch loop to keep moving and not deal with any hills. It was hot but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The only downside today was my buddy clipped his hand on something during the ride as we passed between one of those gated community toll gate things. Seems he’s ok nothing major.

one more day for 21/21 !

CE1802C7-9D4C-4DDB-9BA0-CC23DFB29F37.png

I meant to write this before when I posted my last ride today... But I was packing and trying to do too many things at once...

Anyway...

Early congrats to all the 31/31 finishers and woo hoo to all the 21+ers!!!

If there's any prizes for 21+ finishers, I ask mine be donated to NICA (or, hell, just make a donation anyway)

If there's prizes (in addition to finishing and most miles) for best photos, I nominate @Piston Honda ... I even started following him in IG because of the videos.

And last but not least... Thank you @Cassinonorth for taking up the task of keeping track of everything. If you'd like a coffee or beer, DM me your Venmo and it'll be my treat.

29/31
Got out early today. Wife is going to be in call until Monday morning, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a ride in tomorrow. Unless I can convince the kids to go for a ride.
Screenshot_20230729-075312.png

First flat in the contest. Edit: forgot the beargrease also got a flat, but I was able to finish the ride before it went completely limp. Still haven't fixed it 🤣.
PXL_20230729_105539760~2.jpg

Last edited:
Wife is going to be in call until Monday morning, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a ride in tomorrow.
“Wife on call” is my biggest limiting factor, too. Our son is only 10 months and we don’t have a Burley or bike seat. It’s why I went for 21 instead of 31 (although at this point I’m fine with it - my legs are cooked). Good on you for making it work!

“Wife on call” is my biggest limiting factor, too. Our son is only 10 months and we don’t have a Burley or bike seat. It’s why I went for 21 instead of 31 (although at this point I’m fine with it - my legs are cooked). Good on you for making it work!
Yea, her weekday, 24hr calls, aren't bad. I can just wake up early and get it in before her shift starts. But this weekend is her first 48hr shift for the month. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow yet. Weather looks good though, tops out at 80. So maybe I can convince the littles (4 and 6 years old) to ride their bikes for an hour. Maybe I'll get them out on the glassboro wma trails.

Back
Top Bottom