Gas powered bikes?

A 2019 Kawasaki z900. Totally on the other end of the spectrum and I like it a lot, but I just want something physically bigger thats not going to cost me 20k
I miss my DL650, but if I had stayed with riding, I was looking at the Yamaha Tenere.

I'd probably poo myself if I happened to see two Bimota's just sitting around. Sweet!
You would have needed a change of clothes when I picked up mine. The seller had my db4, the db2 in the pic that my friend bought, an SB8R, and a Tesi 1D. The thing is - they're not really valuable, considering what they cost new. Bimota Spirit in NC has a twin of mine for $10,900. It was $20ish in 1999. My Aprilia was $5kish in 1996 and is worth about 10k now.

Monkeys and Groms are strange bikes. They are fun in a parking lot or running around town, but who of us actually runs errands on a motorcycle? They are not great off road (without serious mods at least) not great at speed. We have both at our school for a few years now and I still can't think how I would use them.

No, I’m not saying I have the balls to stunt but I think it’s about the agility and inexpensive moto to do some dumb things on like a burnout…
Honestly, I just need to venture out 15/20miles max top to scratch my itch. And of course ride that little thing on the max of its ‘performance’. Like driving an average powered small sports car at 9k. It’s just fun!

No matter how reasonable or practical dual sports etc are…. Crotch rockets still get my attn the most. If I had space and money and longer inseam I’d buy a RC51 and a Repsol.

Last edited:
Monkeys and Groms are strange bikes. They are fun in a parking lot or running around town, but who of us actually runs errands on a motorcycle?

Come spring time, moto is my main transportation unless it’s absolutely terrible out. The big bike I commute to work with, but the little bike is for everything around town. My VanVan (200cc thumper) is awesome for that stuff. I use it for liquor store runs, light grocery store trips, the post office or Amazon returns, and yes sometimes to even bring my kid to drum lessons with it. The rear rack easily holds stuff and if I add a backpack I can do a legit grocery trip. 85+ mpg and a fun ride around is a great way to knock out errands.

Monkeys and Groms are strange bikes. They are fun in a parking lot or running around town, but who of us actually runs errands on a motorcycle? They are not great off road (without serious mods at least) not great at speed. We have both at our school for a few years now and I still can't think how I would use them.

School? As in show up for a couple days and get a sign-off for a license?

It is not like I own that school, I just work there as instructor. Are you interested in getting an M endorsement?

Yes. Problem is I can't lock down a weekend 6 months from now. Probably could do semi private if available. Has to be little under the radar....

I suggested that the whole family go, but I got a smacked down.

Yes. Problem is I can't lock down a weekend 6 months from now. Probably could do semi private if available. Has to be little under the radar....

I suggested that the whole family go, but I got a smacked down.
I understand that problem perfectly well, but we can't do this under the radar for insurance/MVC compliance/regulatory and probably for more reasons... Currently our school is sold out till the end of May (https://theridingacademyofnj.org/course-schedule) and I don't see an option for June and further. I asked the owner when he will open registration to these days.
We do offer private lessons, but that does not give you the M endorsement and only needed if you have no idea what clutch or motorcycle are... Not what you want, really

I understand that problem perfectly well, but we can't do this under the radar for insurance/MVC compliance/regulatory and probably for more reasons... Currently our school is sold out till the end of May (https://theridingacademyofnj.org/course-schedule) and I don't see an option for June and further. I asked the owner when he will open registration to these days.
We do offer private lessons, but that does not give you the M endorsement and only needed if you have no idea what clutch or motorcycle are... Not what you want, really

You guys do advanced rider courses too? I’m debating do a few of those before a track day or champ school.

T7 or super? T7s are very hard to come by these days...
Super. All the VStrom owners that switched over to the Yamaha said it was worth the extra $$ for the features.
I doubt I will get back on a bike anytime soon, but the Super Tenere has gotten really great reviews.

Back
Top Bottom