Gas powered bikes?

THATmanMANNY

Yooooo my boys and I @clarkenstein @walter
Some good riding, good views, spitting the shit and laughs. Fine gents waited for me for nearly one hour while I handled home stuff and bank some more free passes. I offered some food/drinks on me but they didn’t take me up on it. Next time for sure!
-Hey babe I’m running late to meet my friends. I’m going meet them with the car said no biker ever. Aka skip to my parents house for the newest member of the clan, Moto Guzzi V7 Classic blap blap blap blap (needs some TLC)
5C83DAEE-D6A9-48DF-B7E2-57E06FE0CAC5.jpegAC6F0FF7-0647-42F8-9439-B47B940CE337.jpegE4DA81C3-F047-4610-993B-36BF614B1102.jpeg
AA3072C7-084D-4EC1-A71C-BA83AEA07C7E.jpeg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Many fun miles and many laughs, great seeing you again. @clarkenstein put together another sweet loop as always, thankfully we werent mauled by those horses 😂. Lets do it again soon, that Moto Guzzi is a blast!

This was a very fun ride! Great conversation at the stops and I found as many turns as I could find for the route which I’m happy worked out.

I got to catch up to my wife and kids on the way back, ate some tacos, then rode home. Tacos. A great day all around.

That Guzzi sounds so damn good. Decel pops and everything.

59043330-FFBF-483E-B930-27A2DA25B8B0.jpeg8120F6C2-13F9-4FF3-9C6E-6567E67087AF.jpeg

Greg-O

Getting my motorcycle license this weekend. I need some input on brands, styles, reasons for my wife to quit complaining, etc. Or anyone have any for sale? Anyone ride with groups? I like the sportster style but I'm not sure I want to go overboard with a Harley. Plus I heard the maintenance is costly and frequent but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
I am on my second Triumph Street Triple(2018 765R) and I would say something like a Yamaha MT-07 would be a great beginner bike. It's got enough power that it's not a dog, but won't get you into any trouble. Stick with a Japanese brand IMO, as I have a few friends who have Harleys and just cruisers in general, who wished they had purchased a major Japanese brand, both for reliability, parts availability, and resale value. IMO, I've ridden Harleys and cruisers in general and I think they are crap. I think the seating position, handling, and lack of responsive power make them more dangerous on the road. The power delivery on those bikes is so mellow and choked, unlike the crisp snappier and more responsive power of a naked bike or even a dual sport(I've had 2 DRZ-400's and a Ninja 600 2 cylinder). Even my Street Triple offers a more predictable and responsive power that will not bite you, unless you open it up and then it unleashes the race bred engine underneath it's mellow initial power delivery. I've ridden several of my brother's cruisers and my friend's Harley and I always can't wait to get back on my bike! The brakes suck on them usually too and the seating positions are so laid back that making emergency swerves/hard braking maneuvers scary. I commute to work every day I can on my Street Triple and am glad I have the powerful Brembo brakes, ABS, and traction control(the latter two I can take off when I so desire). Stay safe, watch out for intersections, watch out for deer at dawn/dusk, don't ride too close behind cars so you can see obstacles in the road ahead, and always look where you want to go! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom