Kingdom Trails trail closures

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, it looks like they added and Adaptive trail at the Wildflower Back Yard trails.

Also, I don't recall a $5.00 fee to ride your bike up the Toll Road, they should pay me $10 to do that.
$15 for an all day pass...lol

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nah, you're missing something new on the map. Like sorta "surprise" new to me.

It's not on my KT map on my wall (I replace it every year when we get a new one) and it's not on TF. No idea where it came from.

mwlikesbikes

Yup. Not on last year’s map and not on TF. Never seen that loop nor the campground before.
I stayed at that campground when I was there in August ‘21. Nice clean place, fairly new. Mostly an RV place but there are some tent sites as well. Would recommend if you’re looking for a spot for a camper.
They have their own pump track as well

Ian F

The trail around the campground I never even knew existed?
The Burke Mtn Campground? That's where BKXC stayed when he visited the area. Of course, in typical fashion, he tried to do his own thing and didn't really ride much other than J-Bar after climbing the Toll Road.

I don't think we've ever paid for the Toll Road, other than the one time we took the shuttle from the lodge. When I ride there solo, I usually climb up the Shire trail, which IIRC bypasses the toll booth, although I am usually staying on the Shire to Wilder Way to get to the top of Moose Alley. Although next time I may take the newer trail that connects to the East Haven system. We'll see... I'll probably head up there for a day trip sometime in June.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know who @BKXC is?

This campground is to the southwest of Burke Mtn Campground. Seems like a nice place according to their website.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, it looks like they added and Adaptive trail at the Wildflower Back Yard trails.

Also, I don't recall a $5.00 fee to ride your bike up the Toll Road, they should pay me $10 to do that.
the time we did it was late in the day, I dont think anyone was in the booth. I dont know....6 times I have climbed it now and I have yet to pay

sundaydoug

It says on the map that it's free to pedal up Toll Road. Pretty sure they only charge you if you're driving up in a car.

Ian F

I don't know who @BKXC is?

This campground is to the southwest of Burke Mtn Campground. Seems like a nice place according to their website.
He's a YouTuber. In his defense, he did his trip back in 2020 when the pandemic was still somewhat early and information was limited, so he was being extra cautious and avoiding personal interactions. He did ride more than just J-Bar, but he definitely only got a taste of the trails in the area. Having ridden Rude Awakening (when it was called DH Trail) in the wet, it's definitely no joke. Love him or hate him, the guy can ride.

Ian F

Sounds like last weekend was a bit of a shit-show. I almost went up there since I was in NH over the weekend, but stayed local instead. Looks like I lucked out on avoiding Canadian holiday traffic:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds like last weekend was a bit of a shit-show. I almost went up there since I was in NH over the weekend, but stayed local instead. Looks like I lucked out on avoiding Canadian holiday traffic:

in case someone doesn't have access to FB or doesn't want to click links:

Dear Community,

Kingdom Trails would like to acknowledge that the past three days marked the busiest weekend for our area in many years, impacting our community, infrastructure, and culture. Traditionally, the Victoria Day holiday is one of KT’s busiest weekends of the year as the trail networks further north continue to dry while KT is open.

KT’s priority is to always protect our community through our Ambassador program, with increased staffing levels on the roads and in the parking areas, as well as enforcing behaviors and policies in place. In addition, we will continue to amplify Ride With Gratitude, Ride Single File, and other KT policies in both English and French. Above all, we will emphasize the importance of respectful behavior. Communicating with kindness, protecting nature, and respecting this gift of trails

KT acknowledges that these periods of increased visitorship place undue stress on our community. We invite you to please join us for our next Community Chat this Wednesday May 24th, 3-4 PM at the Wildflower Restaurant to contribute your perspective, participate in a solutions based discussion, and work together with KT to serve our community.

If you are not able to attend the chat, we are always available by email at info@kingdomtrails.org, phone at (802)626-0737, or drop in at the Welcome Center during business hours.

Respectfully,
The KT Team

Ian F

For better or worse, the initial KT post is just the start. The numerous comments from locals and others adds quite a bit. Parking was apparently a huge cluster. A few gripes about KT holding their "Community Chat" during working hours.

It is starting to sound like KT is becoming a victim of its own success. I fear the trail system as-is may not last much longer.

Question for those who have been going there for years - have you ever actually encountered someone looking for a pass? I always get one, but I don't remember ever being asked. Granted - it's usually visible from my saddle, so someone looking for them may see it without me knowing.

Reactions: don

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Question for those who have been going there for years - have you ever actually encountered someone looking for a pass? I always get one, but I don't remember ever being asked. Granted - it's usually visible from my saddle, so someone looking for them may see it without me knowing.

I think a few years ago we did, but the people working the trails like that are non-confrontational and just sort of comment on it. They're not Trail Nazis. Just there to remind people that stuff isn't free in this world.

Top Bottom