Slab lover seeks Slabs

Speaking of Ramapo, there's a big rock face off the southern end of Wanaque Ridge (Orange) Trail. Going north to south on the ridge, just before that loose decent that brings you off the ridge if you jump off trail to the west and bushwack a bit you'll find it. I've only ridden it once, and it is quite steep. Attached is a screenshot from Trailforks, red line is the rock face.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 3.49.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 3.49.13 PM.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 72
Hello there!!? Hope you're well my GT friendl! Mt Creek's been blowing snow but it's still so ridable! I've done all MCBP slabs, Rollie Pollie, Lumpy Bumpy, Candy Ass and Jungle......the biggest semi-local slabs I've ever ridden are in Blue Mountain Park in Peekskill NY!! Excited bc I,m actually going there this weekend!!
Agree that Blue Mtn is slab city. On Your Mark has some seriously big and steep rollers if you're inclined to suffer through the first half of the trail. There are also slabs throughout the park of various sizes and difficulty. You'll find them along the trails, which IMO is better than going off trail just to hit a feature.

So, I love slabs. Like, my favourite thing is to descend down a honking huge face of granite.
Where's your favorite hunks of rock?
thx
Hello there Slab Lover! Hope you're well my GT friend!! So, I've done all the Mt Creek slabs, Rollie Pollie, Lumpy Bumpy, Candy Ass, Jungle.......the biggest semi-local slabs I believe are in Blue Mt Park in Peekskill NY. Happy Thankgiving!

It is not a slab but their is a fairly thrilling roller off the sussex branch trail north of KVSP

Based on youtube there are some serious slabs at Fugawe (which i had never heard of until it showed up on the Mia strava feed)

Where's this at? How far past the blue shale trail?

it drops off the east side due north maybe 100 feet.

While we are talking about shale how about the shale at the peak, that is pretty good downhill tech and very challenging uphill. I have cleared it without dabbing but it is a real test, it just gets more technical as you go up

Back
Top Bottom