Slate Valley Trails, POULTNEY VT

onetracker

I really, really like this place. Some machine built trails and some classic NE XC trails. Really good. Carne, Big Top and Cliffhanger were my favorites. I cannot believe I had not heard of this place until last weekend!

onetracker

Please check it out; you will not be disappointed. I would start on the Fairgrounds side; I started on the other side but will switch next time. All good!!

Parking: 2–98 Town Farm Rd
Poultney, VT 05764
United States

Cannonbill

Just rode SVTs yesterday, it is excellent. Reminded me of Ringwood Red Trail up to skyline drive, and warm puppy downhill, without the rocks. I didn’t find it any where near as technical tho. Up at altitude it was loamy, down lower it was a dry hardpack. lots of burns and bridges. Single track is much narrower than I am accustomed to. I rode about 25 percent or less of the available trail and did 14 plus miles. I am definitely going back for more. Lots more to explore.

onetracker

Trails are awesome and getting better every day. SVT is awesome! Camping at Lake St. Catherine is lovely; plus the lake cools the soul in these hot temps...
AFC1C280-1921-4B9F-ABE2-B5FF23032357.jpeg
91D6FE92-8FBF-42F5-A3D8-F837FC7270A0.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trails are awesome and getting better every day. SVT is awesome! Camping at Lake St. Catherine is lovely; plus the lake cools the soul in these hot temps...

We are riding here Saturday. Do you have any specific suggestions on which trails to hit?

onetracker

Cool. Enjoy!!!

9C5A21CF-DD2C-48A3-BA1E-96B92CF2CFAD.jpeg
Top three: Cliffhanger, Porcupine and Rocky Ridge. Pond Loop is easy but beautiful; take in the view...

onetracker

Nice! Cool. Enjoy!! Bunking with the Ruane boys the same week you guys are at KT. I run into you more in VT than in NJ 😀

What is “Green Woodlands”? No GMT?

Also, FYI...bad storms predicted for tomorrow and Friday.

Last edited:

kidzach

Friday - Pine Hill
Saturday - Poultney
Sunday - Stowe
Monday - Green Woodlands
Tuesday - GW & KT
Then KT through Sunday

I seem to run into you every year, so I'll see you soon!
While at Pine Hill be sure to hit their newest trail , Milk Run

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
What’s the best spots in vermont besides kingdom? Will likely be there next month, admittedly all I know of VT is kingdom.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
What’s the best spots in vermont besides kingdom? Will likely be there next month, admittedly all I know of VT is kingdom.
Norm's travel list is a good start. You really can't go wrong up there. Others: Millstone is stellar, but they might have some logging still going on so check trailhub before you go. Green Mountain Trails, Ascutney, Hinesburg/Richmond/Carse, Waterbury, Sleepy Hollow, Eurich & the stuff around Sugarbush, the list goes on. Almost all of these systems mentioned would require multiple days to see all that they have to offer. Fire up Trailforks and explore.

kidzach

Cady Hill in Stowe is fun. The town of Killington is up and coming (not the ski mtn/bike park) with a lot of help from the Killington Mountain Bike club. You can now combine the Base Camp Trails with the Sherburne Trails and Gifford Woods(Pesky Cairn) for a fun day.

Top Bottom