Trail Maintenance - don't do this

If possible, you should try to get the branch the hangers are coming from (typically perpendicular to the hanger) and better yet, the mother vine. It is somewhat amazing how an entire “bush” grows from a single vine.

Back in March I went in to a place I like in order to annihilate all these fuckers. My strategy is to just go to town on them with the hedge trimmer until I can reach the base and cut all the main trunks. It's amazing how big they get and how far they spread when nobody does anything about it for years.

Sticks in the trail trying to keep wet weather muddy areas passable.

Can’t wait to see the sticks backup the water and multiply the problems.

DAD15259-58FB-4FBF-8B68-61C79AA738B7.jpeg
87312D63-806E-4D2E-A5C8-8651BBFF778D.jpeg

Sticks in the trail trying to keep wet weather muddy areas passable.

Can’t wait to see the sticks backup the water and multiply the problems.

View attachment 215164View attachment 215165
Acceptable temporary fix per USFS if built right, which these are not. The top one is better than the bottom. This is likely crowdsourced work by someone with good intentions; maybe they'd be a good addition to the trained crew.

Don't use your saw as a machete to clear overgrown trails. It works, but it seems the teeth aren't designed for that - who'd of thought😞?
endb6Yd3HncflU1LY-wJ0wAuSacNjJCTfi8UL5g3bTs-1536x2048.jpg
It’s honestly the best hand tool for the job tho. The replacement blades aren’t that expensive.

View attachment 213814
Another attempt at arrow removal, this one I went to aggro on the scrubbing and you can see the bark is extra clean around the arrow. This was one of the darkest arrows so satisfied it is mostly removed
So I was successful in getting MASS/Guys to not mark with paint for this years race and I removed a number of the vintage ones. And now the highschool cross country team, who has some kind of summer race, mark at least 15 trees with yellow paint. Some are 6” and some are 2’ like the picture. DOH!
IMG_2756.jpeg

It boggles my mind that they think it is good to spray paint trees.

No idea if there is a trail maintenance forum, so here it goes… anyone have experience with the m18 and/or ego hedge trimmer attachment? Needing opinions.

No idea if there is a trail maintenance forum, so here it goes… anyone have experience with the m18 and/or ego hedge trimmer attachment? Needing opinions.
I'm not entirely sure what attachment you're asking about, but I have one of these from Lowes that I use on my Kobalt 80V trimmer (that takes universal trimmer accessories) and it works pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom