WTF KFC? Katie Compton - Banned for doping

serviceguy

Formula 1 and MTB racing are great.
I used to be a great fan of Ferrari on Formula 1 and watch each race on TV religiously, resulted in the best naps I ever had on my parents couch.

I'm still enjoy DH MTB racing though, maybe because I started watching it just recently. I'll give it a couple years before it gets in the ZZZZZ-zone!

goldsbar

Sports are entertainment. Outside of good health and comradery, there's no other value. Why should anyone be paid anything for a sport? Your not creating food, building roads, etc. It's the same value as an actor. If people like you/your sport and/or seeing you convinces them to buy X product, you'll get paid. There are a bunch of people who are good at a random activity and make nothing from it. Just a passion for them. Then there's a few that do some other random activity that happens to be the right random activity and they make a fortune. Cycling has to be one of the worst pay-versus-suffering sports in existance.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
baseball, - you are waiting to see something you've never seen before. Most plays are a can-o-corn at that level.
but every so often, a gem.
between that it is a snoozefest, esp on TV, cause you can't see what they don't show you.
the coach chirping, the umpires moving into a new position, the deeks away from the actual play to stop a runner
from advancing. the moving parts away from a ball in play are amazing, just in the chance someone makes
an overthrow.

had two big league pop-ups land within a seat of me last week. one i totally misjudged - thought it was 5 rows away.
nailed the guy behind me in the head - i wasn't even looking up at that point.
the other one - well my kid is 6'3" - maybe i should have let him take it. good news is the kid we were going to give it to got it.

Cassinonorth

I used to be a great fan of Ferrari on Formula 1 and watch each race on TV religiously, resulted in the best naps I ever had on my parents couch.

I'm still enjoy DH MTB racing though, maybe because I started watching it just recently. I'll give it a couple years before it gets in the ZZZZZ-zone!

Like almost every sport (sans NFL which blows), those sports tend to be better live. Especially DH MTBing...I highly recommend marshalling a race.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know about cornhole, but I remember reading somewhere that these niche sports get on ESPN3 because they (probably the sponsors) pay ESPN to get on. One could speculate that cornhole became popular as it has because they started promoting themselves in this way and finally was worth ESPN to pick up the sport for ESPN2.

Ian F

Like almost every sport (sans NFL which blows), those sports tend to be better live. Especially DH MTBing...I highly recommend marshalling a race.
I don't know about that. I enjoy watching pro practice from various points on the course, but if you're a fan of the actual "race" then the best place to be is at the finish line where you can see the times and know immediately who's winning. This is actually what I really, REALLY dislike about the Snowshoe venue. The entire finish line area is blocked off from regular spectators, so you barely have a clue about what's going on unless you can get a VIP pass (something I will try to get for the upcoming events). This was unlike the Windham events where the finish line area was open.

I started watching the Redbull broadcasts back in 2013 and they 100% got me back into DH riding and occasionally racing. I still prefer DH to enduro, even as a racer. And I still get up at o-dark early in the morning to watch the live feed coverage. DH and XC. I also have the GCN+ app on my phone and watch their live cyclo-cross coverage. And live road racing coverage.

I just love bike racing.

Last edited:

ekuhn

these niche sports get on ESPN8
FIFY

NeedyEnlightenedIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom