WTF KFC? Katie Compton - Banned for doping

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Haha cornhole seems to be televised almost constantly - is it really that popular? They even had a celebrity event recently. What's next - pro tiddlywinks??

we watched the other night! like golf, anyone can "play" -
it isn't as riveting as curling, but it does move right along.
easier than horseshoes, and bowling, sort of.

Plus if you like to have an adult refreshment while playing...

serviceguy

I saw the ratings were like 300k at one point...I mean thats like a baseball game..or the TDF.....so good enough? But i wonder if the ratings are what they are bc of people like me....when they see it, they stop for a second and go...SWEET JESUS THEY ARE PUTTING FUCKING CORNHOLE ON TV NOW????
That was actually my first thought when I saw a baseball game on tv...

rick81721

Lothar
I saw the ratings were like 300k at one point...I mean thats like a baseball game..or the TDF.....so good enough? But i wonder if the ratings are what they are bc of people like me....when they see it, they stop for a second and go...SWEET JESUS THEY ARE PUTTING FUCKING CORNHOLE ON TV NOW????

Where do these cornhole pros come from? Is it a school sport now?? The only place I've ever seen people playing it is drunks at parking lot tailgates.

PS am I the only one who always thinks this first whenever cornhole is mentioned?

cornholio-beavis-and-butthead.gif

ebarker9

serviceguy

It’s really impressive how far off topic this crew can take things. Then keep going.

So KFC plays professional cornhole now?
I know it wasn't supposed to be a compliment but the idea of being part of a crew made me tear up a little...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know it wasn't supposed to be a compliment but the idea of being part of a crew made me tear up a little...

Actually no, it's legit impressive. Most forums go sideways and turn into a pissing match. Yet here we are legitimately discussing the environmental impacts of eating meat and the income of professional cornhole players. No mud slinging. It's quite something.

serviceguy

Actually no, it's legit impressive. Most forums go sideways and turn into a pissing match. Yet here we are legitimately discussing the environmental impacts of eating meat and the income of professional cornhole players. No mud slinging. It's quite something.
There's a mud shortage due to , you know, the usual stuff...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is definitely something wrong in the way athletes are rewarded. Part of it is that they are rewarded based on the revenue they generate for the teams, sponsors etc. which I wouldn't argue as wrong from a financial point of view, on the other hand it doesn't seem like the sacrifices made to compete are always part of the equation. The one that I really struggle to understand is baseball, I know I probably step on several toes here but while I get the 'party' side of attendance, the sport in itself...Anyway, not an easy one to figure out and come out with a fair deal for everybody me think.

Cornhole though...WTF ESPN!
well to me...baseball at its highest level..(not a game in june)..playoff game...elimination game....nothing has more drama....no clock to run out, just tension and very high focus / execution. The execution of baseball is probably the most difficult of all pro sports, but its very subtle and hard to see the drop on a breaking ball, or how hard it is to hit a 100mph fastball......I mean I dont understand why people love watching a 0-0 soccer game to its conclusion...I dont understand how something with so little offense is so popular...BUt that has nothing to do with the athletic abilities of the players.....I didnt grow up playing soccer and Im sure like baseball...it comes from growing up with it, playing it, and understanding the subtle things that are not seen on tv easily.

rick81721

Lothar
well to me...baseball at its highest level..(not a game in june)..playoff game...elimination game....nothing has more drama....no clock to run out, just tension and very high focus / execution. The execution of baseball is probably the most difficult of all pro sports, but its very subtle and hard to see the drop on a breaking ball, or how hard it is to hit a 100mph fastball......I mean I dont understand why people love watching a 0-0 soccer game to its conclusion...I dont understand how something with so little offense is so popular...BUt that has nothing to do with the athletic abilities of the players.....I didnt grow up playing soccer and Im sure like baseball...it comes from growing up with it, playing it, and understanding the subtle things that are not seen on tv easily.

58e2beca1500002100c7db42.gif

homer-baseball.gif

giphy (19).gif

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
This is the most idiotic statement lol... Look at bonds... Banished to being a pre season hitting coach in Arizona.....

It’s in this that Bonds sat down with Andrew Baggarly of The Athletic. Bonds did not hold back his emotions regarding how the baseball world sees him more than a decade after his retirement.

“I feel like a ghost. A ghost in a big empty house, just rattling around.” Bonds said. “A death sentence. That’s what they’ve given me. My heart is broken”

These types of emotions are not normal from a man that was standoffish with the media during his 22-year playing career. It’s rather obvious that Bonds is bitter about how everything turned out.

He's not a king and basically most people in baseball would love it if he dropped dead.... So compare bonds career with say jeters.... Whose now the ceo and part owner of the marlins...

So I can't agree that the short term money is/was worth it...

As far as KFC goes... Sucks... There is very little money in cycling and it's a very hard sport to train and be a pro at... so I understand the desire to do whatever to get ahead....I have no idea what's true or not but has anyone been successful fighting these bans?
I see that list with very few football and basketball players... Which doesn't surprise me.... Real contracts, big money, lot to lose...although better doctors? So who knows really

I'm not one to shy away from a minority view bonds was a poor example, you already reviewed his networth so I won't address that, aside for 100 million being "short term" money lol.

Also bonds as a hitting coach? How is that a bad thing, would you feel the same if Peyton Manning was a qb coach? You don't retire and go to head coach, but I don't need to tell you that.

Jeter is the fairytale story, you can only count a handful of former players who are now at that level. Former players need to prove themselves in a new way and succeed again. Regardless of his cheating, bonds is choosing to exist in an environment that he took advantage of.

You can't show up to your ex's family Christmas dinner and act surprised that you're not welcomed. He's got a 100 mil to wipe them tears away.

tenor.gif

ebarker9

Neither does my wife. You have to watch til the end though, because someone might score a goal.

I'd rather watch a 0-0 soccer game than a 9-7 baseball game. For one thing, you can always catch the baseball game the next day, or the day after that, or any of the other ~700 games they play per year.

serviceguy

100%, if it means anything I can't stand soccer either pretty much for the same reason. I can't even be bother to follow the national team or the World Cup anymore.

As you rightly said (or I think you meant), 'insiders' can better appreciate the subtleties of each sport and thus enjoy it better. For the 'masses' it's probably more about the food stand and the beer while yelling with friends at the opposite team.

I grew up playing basketball in a proper junior team, I knew everything about Dr.J, Kareem, Bird and Magic and religiously bought the local basketball magazine to update all the stats, went to all the home games of the local A1 league (the top division there) and I caused my father's fury every time (and it was a lot) that he had to come and get me at the court because I was late for lunch/dinner (even though he was my biggest fan, God bless his soul). The works.

So when I was working in Detroit and was invited to watch a Pistons' game at the Arena I was in shock as I believe I was the only person actually watching the game, pretty much everybody else was either getting drunk, stuffing their mouths with food or watching the tv screens for other game results (I was in a suite with catering, I almost collapsed when they told me the price of the ticket, recovered pretty quickly when I was told it was free as a guest of the Ford Motor company). So it's probably not just the sport itself I guess.

BTW, those are my feelings about baseball, I have no disrespect for the 'love of the game' which I find quite amazing!

Top Bottom