Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Great point. I'm not interested in mixing oil and all the hassle of a 2 stroke.

But how much HP is enough for a pontoon boat? A tritoon? Coming from a deep V background where 330HP is my minimum I don't want to be underpowered to the point where I can't get my family out and home without too much bitchin'.

i am on a hp limited lake on a 20'er and never more than a mile or so from our dock - so..........
it is also set-up for fishing.

pontoon boat at a high speed is scary! they handle like a boat. ???
so don't get too crazy - although big means heavy, so there is that.
Shaft length is important (paging Dan) to prevent cavitation - if putting pieces together, pay attention.

at some point it seems like a deck boat is a better idea because of storage and handling.
although it comes with its add'l requirements for bilge pump, battery tender, real cover, etc.
- you know the drill -

Reactions: djm

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Come celebrate Father's Day with SEAS! We will be hosting Small Boat Day on June 18th from 10am-2pm, bring the whole family and enjoy a day on the water with Dad. We will have hamburgers and hot dogs, fresh off the grill as well as our daysailers and Laser sail boats ready to go.
All dads are FREE! Members fee is $20, non-members $25 and families are $30.
Please reach out to Chris Brawley if you plan to attend, this will ensure enough food is ordered and skippers are available. cjbrawley@hotmail.com
Below is the link to the parking area.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

THATmanMANNY

Schools out for summer!
First cruise earlier this week. Cheers to many more! I can’t feel a damn chop with this thing lol it’s kinda boring but Mrs loves it. I need to add a chain to the anchor like previous boat. Was drifting at Tices.
Safe and happy boating ya’ll!
F4578A02-C12B-4CA6-B2E5-B8A6B5B57C85.jpegE5B16245-9304-4C5D-8E67-CB8E7E38A396.jpeg

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

We boat'd to a restaurant with moorings. It went quite well but the food took forever. It was 7pm though. But since we got served late it was my first time night boating. That went okay too but was going like 10mph.

OTOH - Good deal! $100 iSUP
Amazon product

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
We boat'd to a restaurant with moorings. It went quite well but the food took forever. It was 7pm though. But since we got served late it was my first time night boating. That went okay too but was going like 10mph.

OTOH - Good deal! $100 iSUP
Amazon product

Ain't nothing wrong with going slow at night.

THATmanMANNY

absolutely, nothing safer while boating than going slow, Sun, run, docking, night, whatever!
Maybe my retirement gig will be part of yacht crew. Set sail for free

Top Bottom