Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

Is that the Maverick? Insane mileage for 4wd
Yes it's the maverick but unfortunately they don't currently have 4wd for the hybrids only front wheel 😕 I would assume in the next few years that will change though. For us it wasn't a deal breaker my wife's work will be closed if it snows and if not she can always use my f250. I'm stuck with my 2wd work vehicle no matter the conditions lol. The mavericks are so hard to come by especially the hybrids . It took us a year and a half to get it built and so many other people got bumped another year.

Still not totally clear whether or not this is a legit quote, but yeah, replacement batteries are definitely expensive.

Last edited:
That invoice was circulating on right wing boomer Facebook pages last year. Source: My dad who gets angry every night watching Fox News.

It's not like anyone paid for that battery, it's just someone writing up what the cost would be. Just look at the top of the Invoice, a Chevy Volt w/ 70,000 miles on it. The battery is warrantied for 100k or 8 years. And it's not like batteries going bad is an issue people have actually worried about with electric cars, not anymore at least.

I like the $1.50 battery fee though.

That invoice was circulating on right wing boomer Facebook pages last year. Source: My dad who gets angry every night watching Fox News.

It's not like anyone paid for that battery, it's just someone writing up what the cost would be. Just look at the top of the Invoice, a Chevy Volt w/ 70,000 miles on it. The battery is warrantied for 100k or 8 years. And it's not like batteries going bad is an issue people have actually worried about with electric cars, not anymore at least.

I like the $1.50 battery fee though.
A coworker at Transistor Devices had a Prius that was showing something wrong. It turned out to be a bad solder connection that he fixed himself.

Cammisa's take on the prototype Cybertruck.

I thought it was very interesting with the 48v architecture, drive by wire steering, and the stainless body panels/crash ratings.

I think they should have brought the A-pillars even more towards the front and made a forward control cab style. That would maybe make the overall length shorter and look way cooler ala Unimog and VW Doka pickup truck.

Last edited:

Cammisa's take on the prototype Cybertruck.

I thought it was very interesting with the 48v architecture, drive by wire steering, and the stainless body panels/crash ratings.

I think they should have brought the A-pillars even more towards the front and made a forward control cab style. That would maybe make the overall length shorter and look way cooler ala Unimog and VW Doka pickup truck.

Im not sure what he meant by first steer by wire....Infiniti did it with the Q50 10 years ago.

Im a little suspect of the claim that after that side hit you are simply replacing the doors and you are done....id have to see what that looks like on a frame machine first.

its fast as all Evs are...its not very usable as a truck, the utility of it looks good despite the goofy bed...but they went thru all the trouble to design a utilitarian vehicle that is hard to dent and drives well...then made it start at $80,000...and it needs an extra battery pack that takes up 1/3 of the bed to have any range numbers that exceed its competitors. Id probably like it a little better if it wasnt so hideous inside and out.

I came to share the video but I see I’m late. I love these ICON videos and that was a good watch. The CT looks better in motion and next to other trucks than it does solo. I woulda like to see rear seat headroom feedback. They shoulda made it a center driving seat and 6 seater. Next gen for sure.
@don I haven’t paid much attn to the engineering behind the CT but I was educated
This is something new and exciting. For now at least.

Back
Top Bottom