Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

This is an entertaining and informative and hilarious video/host. He don’t give two F about the rules. All around headroom is meh.

the forbes article is misleading(i assume the sites do these worthless 'according to xxx' articles with the click bait titles just to try and drive clicks), as the lending tree article they are summarizing is NOT strictly about acidents, but it also include duis, speed and 'citations' wtf does citations mean? does that include parking? what about equipment violations? (dead taillight, no front license plate ect)

the forbes article is misleading(i assume the sites do these worthless 'according to xxx' articles with the click bait titles just to try and drive clicks), as the lending tree article they are summarizing is NOT strictly about acidents, but it also include duis, speed and 'citations' wtf does citations mean? does that include parking? what about equipment violations? (dead taillight, no front license plate ect)
You sound defensive. :)

But in all seriousness, if Nissan isn't at the top their data set is incorrect.

Yeah, I don't rely on Forbes for car articles nor SI for financials. Know you're a Ram guy and just baiting... Merry Christmas

Don't think anyone surprised by this or RAM #2
I read somewhere that the recall is an over the air update. And what it does is shut down autopilot if the car deems you're unable to take control immediately. The autopilot accidents are because people are completely ignoring the road while it's on. It's user error more than anything.

I read somewhere that the recall is an over the air update. And what it does is shut down autopilot if the car deems you're unable to take control immediately. The autopilot accidents are because people are completely ignoring the road while it's on. It's user error more than anything.
It's that the case of most accidents, being user error? The Teslas and like cars with their autopilot and other safety enhancements just enables bad behavior. I'm guilty of this as well, I'm on my phone while driving more than I should when adaptive cruise control is on.

It's that the case of most accidents, being user error? The Teslas and like cars with their autopilot and other safety enhancements just enables bad behavior. I'm guilty of this as well, I'm on my phone while driving more than I should when adaptive cruise control is on.
Is your phone to your ear?

I'm still confused when I see people driving with their phone to their ear while they're in a modern car that 100% has Bluetooth.

And aren't all accidents basically user error? I highly doubt there's a lot of mechanical issues causing accidents compared to something the driver did.

I'm still confused when I see people driving with their phone to their ear while they're in a modern car that 100% has Bluetooth.

And aren't all accidents basically user error? I highly doubt there's a lot of mechanical issues causing accidents compared to something the driver did.
I don't usually talk on the phone, 90% is texting.

I find this incredibly puzzling as well. I can only figure that they're incapable of setting up a Bluetooth connection? Otherwise just actively trying to get pulled over and/or cause an accident?

yea thats high on the list of 'tell me your an idiot without opening your mouth". I will only answer the phone from 1 or 2 people while driving, other wise straight to voicemail, pretty sure the attention required to have a conversation is just as bad, if not worse than the act of holding the phone while having the conversation.

Yes it's over the air, I'll get the "Recall" when it's parked in my garage and connected to WiFi. As some have mentioned, it's user error. In auto pilot mode, I can't keep my hands off the steering wheel for more then 20 -30 seconds before the car alerts me. If I don't respond, auto pilot disengages and the car starts to slow down. There might be a way to fool the system using a water bottle or other object (a friend told me) so that's probably why they need to make that more sensitive. As far as the accident occurrence goes for Tesla, I can totally understand that happening. You get a guy driving a 140Hp Corolla into a base Tesla with 300 - 400+Hp and crazy instant torque, it's pretty easy to get into trouble if you are not accustomed to controlling that instant power. And that's from my own experience driving the Model S around for just over a year.
Fun cars to drive for sure !!!

went out to PA yesterday in model 3 with RWD and 1yo all seasons… maybe 2” more snow than I expected but the car did surprisingly well. I’ve caught a couple snows in a rear wheel drive S so I know they are capable. The traction control of the model 3 is very good! And the weight of these things help.
Of course wish I had my blizzaks on.

Attachments

• IMG_5352.jpeg
    IMG_5352.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 12
went out to PA yesterday in model 3 with RWD and 1yo all seasons… maybe 2” more snow than I expected but the car did surprisingly well. I’ve caught a couple snows in a rear wheel drive S so I know they are capable. The traction control of the model 3 is very good! And the weight of these things help.
Of course wish I had my blizzaks on.
Don't you also have a pickup? Seems like the better choice driving into a foot of snow. How was the drive back?

Don't you also have a pickup? Seems like the better choice driving into a foot of snow. How was the drive back?
I would take a Model 3 every time over a pickup.

Pickups aren't great, really unbalanced and easy run swing out the rear. And I'm assuming traction control with electric motors is great.

@qclabrat it has bad tires. I have a new set just haven’t mounted on. The drive there was worse when cars pack the snow to ice and erratic drivers. On the way home I chose to take a less traveled road with fresh snow and the car tracked well. Once I got past Easton it was cake. Was going to borrow dad’s Ridgeline but I know my car better.

@Santapez bingo. Lower COG and 50/50 weight distribution and the weight of batteries. I passed a stuck fwd SUV on the mountain hill. Their tires and TC probably sucked

Back
Top Bottom