Chimney Rock Conditions

Page was updated yesterday morning, which suggests lot will be closed today.

Hoping the statement was actually created Wednesday evening and the closure referred to Thursday. Haven't been able to get out to check yet.
I got nixle alerts on Wednesday and Thursday morning from the Bridgewater Police department about the controlled burns for those days. I've seen nothing yet this morning, so it might be done? I guess really no way of knowing until someone goes to check it out.

So I came upon this mess on yellow during yesterday morning’s ride. It sucked seeing it.
This is a real bummer. Not sure what the thought process is here, removing the rocks doesn't make it any smoother. Hopefully someone can reach this person and talk to them.

I got nixle alerts on Wednesday and Thursday morning from the Bridgewater Police department about the controlled burns for those days. I've seen nothing yet this morning, so it might be done? I guess really no way of knowing until someone goes to check it out.
Wife just drove by lot, it’s open, go get it, I’ll be doing so shortly.

Reactions: rlb
Wife just drove by lot, it’s open, go get it, I’ll be doing so shortly.
All open, rode red/white/blue, really good conditions.

Caveat on red. If you have respiratory issues, you might want to avoid. Smells like a campfire, sections I was breathing heavy definitely tasted it. I didn't have any issues but know some folks might.

There are spots that are still smoldering and I noticed at least two open flames (in the middle of blackened landscape so guessing it's just burning out, not much material for it to spread to).

There is a tree down as a result of the burn that was not down on Tuesday. X marks the spot on the map. I'm ubering the kids rest ot today and all weekend so maybe if I'm lucky can take a crack at it Monday or Tuesday if no one gets to it first.

Screenshot_20230512-161431~2.png

PXL_20230512_170215540.jpg

PXL_20230512_170210838.jpg

IMG_4597.jpeg

Did a bunch today. Newman’s lot was open and a few spots were still smoldering. Most of what I did was dry. Did notice some stuff missing from the trails. It’s a shame that people do that. Hopefully they get bored of it soon and just go away.
Yea, that’s a tree down on top of red just after the wooden bridge.

All open, rode red/white/blue, really good conditions.

Caveat on red. If you have respiratory issues, you might want to avoid. Smells like a campfire, sections I was breathing heavy definitely tasted it. I didn't have any issues but know some folks might.

There are spots that are still smoldering and I noticed at least two open flames (in the middle of blackened landscape so guessing it's just burning out, not much material for it to spread to).

There is a tree down as a result of the burn that was not down on Tuesday. X marks the spot on the map. I'm ubering the kids rest ot today and all weekend so maybe if I'm lucky can take a crack at it Monday or Tuesday if no one gets to it first.

View attachment 213450
View attachment 213451
View attachment 213452
I guess I’m not too original😂

Norm, Ryan and myself worked on the trail into CR from Gilbride this morning. Something changed over the winter from the pump house above and water was just flowing. We cut a section of the trail higher, added a few rocks in the middle of water flow, built 2 dams to divert the water from rolling down the trail and added some loose rock to 1 of the worse sections. I went back in the afternoon to check it out and things already seemed to be drying out. I think we will have to go back and work on the main water channel but this seems to be a great start. Thanks to Norm and Ryan for helping out.
IMG_9655.jpeg
IMG_9654.jpeg
IMG_9661.jpeg

Last edited:
And our rock remover was back and he did a shit ton more. Even bigger rocks removed with even bigger holes. Trail is certainly easier to ride now, which sucks. Not really much we can do but frequent the area and hope someone comes upon it happening and questions why and maybe gets a pic of him.

IMG_9658.jpeg
IMG_9660.jpeg

Norm, Ryan and myself worked on the trail into CR from Gilbride this morning. Something changed over the winter from the pump house above and water was just flowing. We cut a section of the trail higher, added a few rocks in the middle of water flow, built 2 dams to divert the water from rolling down the trail and added some loose rock to 1 of the worse sections. I went back in the afternoon to check it out and things already seemed to be drying out. I think we will have to go back and work on the main water channel but this seems to be a great start. Thanks to Norm and Ryan for helping out.View attachment 213463View attachment 213464View attachment 213465
Great job man! Yep. Way better than I’ve ever seen it

Norm, Ryan and myself worked on the trail into CR from Gilbride this morning. Something changed over the winter from the pump house above and water was just flowing. We cut a section of the trail higher, added a few rocks in the middle of water flow, built 2 dams to divert the water from rolling down the trail and added some loose rock to 1 of the worse sections. I went back in the afternoon to check it out and things already seemed to be drying out. I think we will have to go back and work on the main water channel but this seems to be a great start. Thanks to Norm and Ryan for helping out.View attachment 213463View attachment 213464View attachment 213465

This was hard work, but enjoyable. Thanks for entertaining me on this. I know it’s a tiny piece of trail but it’s been bugging me and I think we can keep making adjustments until we get it right. Agree that we’ll need to figure out that last 10’ stretch but this is much better than it was.

Everything is dry go get some. I would even say loose.
Tree at the top of red is gone
Very surreal riding with all that land burned up.
IMG_20230513_150555164.jpg

I can only imagine what will become of yellow after some heavy rain with those rocks removed. Not going to be good!
The trail by the sewer treatment plant is a welcome repair .
Thanks Norm Ryan and Kirt.
IMG_20230513_141940421.jpg
😁

As expected, conditions were perfect today.
Everyone should keep an eye out for the rock bandit as it looks like they are expanding. I noticed a couple large rocks on Red that were started to be dug out. Both are in the middle of the trail and easily avoided 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 79

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions