Chimney Rock Conditions

rjr44

As expected, conditions were perfect today.
Everyone should keep an eye out for the rock bandit as it looks like they are expanding. I noticed a couple large rocks on Red that were started to be dug out. Both are in the middle of the trail and easily avoided 🤷‍♂️
Agreed on all counts! Except that I also noticed removed rocks on white as well.

Bikeworks

As expected, conditions were perfect today.
Everyone should keep an eye out for the rock bandit as it looks like they are expanding. I noticed a couple large rocks on Red that were started to be dug out. Both are in the middle of the trail and easily avoided 🤷‍♂️
Nice meeting and riding with you today. Thanks for orienting me a bit more to the stuff I didn't know, too. :cool:

rlb

@Kirt is the county aware so they can keep an eye on things? It would be dumb luck for a ranger to catch them in action, but you never know...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn’t there construction right up the stream? Maybe they did something?

rlb

I think Glenn was right with the water main break. The stream behind the church is the same stream at that trail crossing. There's a main break in that area per NJ American Water

1684371185071.png

Bikeworks

Did Orange, Yellow, Green, Red, White, and Blue, conditions were terrific. Only "issues" were the usual soft/muddy spots on White (which was being cut back as I was leaving, thank you!!!).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions