Chimney Rock Conditions

I just got back trails are in perfect condition you can't really tell that it rained last night all the water got soaked up by the parched earth.
Nothing changed on red/white/blue w/ yesterday's rain. Dust bowl conditions cleared. Small number of small standing water spots on blue and white, nothing to affect ride. Really good conditions today before more rain supposed to come next few days, go get it.

I agree, trails were primo. I haven't been able to get there since the scheduled burn, so maybe this is old news, but someone changed up the logs in the large log over and I went flying over the bars. Usually I hit that pretty fast, but a large log was removed and a smaller charred one is now in it's place and it doesn't span the full width. I think it's location is around where I circled. Don't take the left side line or else your wheel will just get sucked into a perfectly sized gap to launch you. Soft landing without any damage to myself or the bike, but my kit ripped and a bunch of hikers got a good view of my left cheek :)

1686879342745.png

iLXpovP-RMTHLlR7Z2jEDun3FVqpFYWzsWvj7o3__oE-2048x1536.jpg

I agree, trails were primo. I haven't been able to get there since the scheduled burn, so maybe this is old news, but someone changed up the logs in the large log over and I went flying over the bars. Usually I hit that pretty fast, but a large log was removed and a smaller charred one is now in it's place and it doesn't span the full width. I think it's location is around where I circled. Don't take the left side line or else your wheel will just get sucked into a perfectly sized gap to launch you. Soft landing without any damage to myself or the bike, but my kit ripped and a bunch of hikers got a good view of my left cheek :)

View attachment 215840

iLXpovP-RMTHLlR7Z2jEDun3FVqpFYWzsWvj7o3__oE-2048x1536.jpg

That large pile of logs with a go-around?

I rode all over today, the dirt was great - not overly dry, no standing water.. aside from being overgrown in quite a few areas it was perfect.
And the Cromwell sign wasn't up today. I hadn't gone over there in a few weeks so not sure when it came down but saw a few others exploring.

Yup

View attachment 215840
now that you mention it, i had noticed some time back that it's been riding differently, not as smooth as it used to; i thought it was just me but paying attention after your post do agree it has changed...now don't ask me when it changed or how cuz i ain't that astute haha

I rode all over today, the dirt was great - not overly dry, no standing water.. aside from being overgrown in quite a few areas it was perfect.
And the Cromwell sign wasn't up today. I hadn't gone over there in a few weeks so not sure when it came down but saw a few others exploring.
agree, did everything except cromwell yesterday and was excellent

My guess on the new "park closed" sign is due to the dam removal that is supposed to start in early June and last I heard, it was still on schedule. This is a different contractor and they are bringing in heavy equipment/dump trucks so it probably not very safe to have people using the trails while that's happening. The DEP is involved in this as well. I'll add that a riding group was stopped and questioned by BW PD a few weeks ago and had names taken. Now there is an actual sign warning to stay out. So just be aware if you go in again that it could happen to you.

With regards to the trails, what you see is what you get. The contractor is done with all the bid list projects, aside from the electronic gate, and the town seems content with the results. We agreed to disagree on my last call with them. The few changes that were made, are a few that I suggested and still done poorly at best. I'm figuring that there will be many issues when the rains come and then many more in the fall/winter season. But I did all I could to get my point across, as did others, but they did not want to address it. My guess is they expect us (Jorba) to make the needed repairs/changes not realizing the amount of work that will be required. We will see where this all goes in time.
Thanks a bunch Kirt for lobbying on our behalf. Still a win from my perspective when it reopens. Will this property be managed by Jorba? Sign me up for the miles of bench cutting...

Just back from a hike with kids and dog, small tree half broken across quarry side entry to upper interior red.

Didn't bring any tools so couldn't do much, tried to no avail. Small 🪓 or silky will take care of it quick.

Will get it my next time out just don't know when that will be, schedule sux this week.

Screenshot_20230620-180657.png

Circle marks the spot, ignore that extra redline didn't realize I drew.
PXL_20230620_214012683.jpg

There is a tree down on High Tech trail; a hand or a chain saw is needed to remove it from the trail. It is hard to crawl under it, the trail is hardly passable right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7681.jpeg
    IMG_7681.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 68
I saw someone was out in spots with the weed-whackers today.. thank you to whoever that was!

Took this small connector on red today, oh boy, what a mess. Two decent sized trees are down, lots of branches scattered all over and plenty of overgrown brush. I’m not sure how many actually go this way, it kinds of seems like it’s just going to fill itself in and not be a trail anymore. (I rarely take it, just wanted something different coming back down that side of red).

Attachments

• IMG_4115.jpeg
    IMG_4115.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 64
Lots of clean-up to do - will see if i can get there tomorrow - weather dependent.

Just back from a hike with kids and dog, small tree half broken across quarry side entry to upper interior red.

Didn't bring any tools so couldn't do much, tried to no avail. Small 🪓 or silky will take care of it quick.

Will get it my next time out just don't know when that will be, schedule sux this week.

View attachment 216161
Circle marks the spot, ignore that extra redline didn't realize I drew.
was able to get out for a quick ride today so took care of this one

I saw someone was out in spots with the weed-whackers today.. thank you to whoever that was!

Took this small connector on red today, oh boy, what a mess. Two decent sized trees are down, lots of branches scattered all over and plenty of overgrown brush. I’m not sure how many actually go this way, it kinds of seems like it’s just going to fill itself in and not be a trail anymore. (I rarely take it, just wanted something different coming back down that side of red).
wow you weren't kidding! haven't used this in forever so took it today so see what i could clean up...starting from the top the first half is rideable, tho severely overgrown, was thinking next time will bring the cordless hedge clippers to open it up...was able to clear some fallen branches in one spot

BUT THEN THE BOTTOM HALF!!! nevermind the big fallen tree, the trail is filled in w/ so much debris it looks like when the guys who know what they are doing cut a new trail and fill in the old one w/ debris so it's no longer a trail...

this things needs some decent effort besides hedge trimmers, weed whackers, and chain saws

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions