Cranks Around the Campfire Mountain Biking Festival

iman29

Perfect weather weekend - took Zach (15) on a ride in Dickerson mine last night with the Marty's crew for a prep/shakedown ride on the new to him bike and we are ready to rock and roll Saturday!.

Is there gonna be an unofficial MTBNJ hangout spot to say hi and meet more people IRL?

Short track loop gonna be open again and marked?

While the group rides are good, Zach was asking if we can find a small group to get an unofficial tour of some of the more flowy novice type trails this time since he has a much more capable bike. He can handle a few rocky sections and he doesnt even mind walking in between if the majority of the flow is good. We did Yellow and White at Dickerson and he was good with that, but when we hit Blue we both had a little more walking to do.

Looking forward to a fun day of riding!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Perfect weather weekend - took Zach (15) on a ride in Dickerson mine last night with the Marty's crew for a prep/shakedown ride on the new to him bike and we are ready to rock and roll Saturday!.

Is there gonna be an unofficial MTBNJ hangout spot to say hi and meet more people IRL?

Short track loop gonna be open again and marked?

While the group rides are good, Zach was asking if we can find a small group to get an unofficial tour of some of the more flowy novice type trails this time since he has a much more capable bike. He can handle a few rocky sections and he doesnt even mind walking in between if the majority of the flow is good. We did Yellow and White at Dickerson and he was good with that, but when we hit Blue we both had a little more walking to do.

Looking forward to a fun day of riding!
email just sent out said there would be two self guided loops. that's all I got.

TommyF

Zach (Ghost as I call him) does really well, always fun riding with him, hope to run into you both on Saturday.

iman29

Hmm, should I show up? Dan says Yes.

Officially out of shape this summer; maybe you guys/gals can motivate me to pedal again. :)

Good excuse to use the roof top tent and fridge. Will have cold refreshments for peeps!
Please post the location and mark with MTBNJ flag of some sorts. Cold refreshments sounds good. 👍🏻

jackx

email just sent out said there would be two self guided loops. that's all I got.
thanks yeah saw that. was just throwing it out here in case anyone with more trail knowledge has any ideas or is up for an unofficial tour.

@iman29 : As of today, the long self-guided loop has paper plates on trees along the route. It is a great option for an unofficial tour and is a good way to see more Mooch without the pressure of doing it on a large group ride.

iman29

@iman29 : As of today, the long self-guided loop has paper plates on trees along the route. It is a great option for an unofficial tour and is a good way to see more Mooch without the pressure of doing it on a large group ride.
Awesome thanks for the info.

Would be interested to get an idea of distance and terrain for him and any sections to watch out for.

Fire Lord Jim

Day one: trails are dry and hard; beer is wet and goes down easy.
PXL_20220819_205555232.MP.jpg

iman29

I will be there early with Zach so we can get ready without being rushed.

Then we will meet for the 9am beginner ride and after a little break probably hit the new little loop and then the 5 mile loop after.

I will be easy to spot in my roadie Marty’s kit but will look for the groups of orange and blue since also easy to find.

Top Bottom