Cranks Around the Campfire Mountain Biking Festival

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had a great time at my first Cranks event. Maybe next year I'll consider camping. I mean, if I own a teardrop by then.
20220820_101359.jpg
20220820_101417.jpg

iman29

Zach and I had a blast this year him being on a much better bike made all the difference.

We did the novice ride led by @moose35 ? And a few others and rode with @Johnny Utah and Bob for a bit. We were going to jump Into Stephens for a bit but Zach ran out of water so we went back with the main group.

Then we split off and just did our own thing around the camp including the new “10
Minute loop” they put in. That was the perfect little single track loop to get some practice for both of us and not be too far from the car or food and water. We probably did that loop
Like 4-5 times.

In the afternoon we went to the skills clinic and then did bike soccer with a cool group which totally blew out whatever energy I had left in my legs.

We ended up with around 19 miles riding all over the camp and to and from Waterloo and the lake at Stephen’s which is his all time longest distance. Need to get back there and spend a morning just exploring all that single track with him sooner than later.
B1AC3CC3-8C7F-40CB-A06B-ACA1E7C5085C.jpeg
2BA63121-57B7-43D5-96CB-C3DB2F31D612.jpeg
F84233E2-3523-4FBA-9DE1-CF90C999398B.jpeg
1CAF4968-6273-44FD-A9B3-D72F75BEDA04.jpeg
8D9036A1-9AE3-4FA6-8B04-9DD8B4A6A521.jpeg
F6866299-5FB4-444B-B2A0-589C7F280EE0.jpeg
9AEF224C-B545-4606-9347-ECCF23B9690B.jpeg

We will be back next year !

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I had so much fun Fri and Saturday!! (I had to bounce sat night).

The trails were great, the company was great, the paper plate trail was awesome. Will come back next year.

Some notables:
@DanBrodeen thanks for the hard work and everyone else who volunteered this weekend.
@Stef I'm sorry I didn't do your ride!! No brownies for me!!
@Fire Lord Jim it was great talking to you Fri night.

To everyone else, I saw from this forum and didn't say hi too, it's cause I suck at remembering faces, just bikes.

And lastly, it was so awesome seeing everyone of all ages riding bikes. I felt like it was the 70s again!

PS. I was the guy with the travel trailer on the volleyball court. Look for me next year.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had so much fun Fri and Saturday!! (I had to bounce sat night).

The trails were great, the company was great, the paper plate trail was awesome. Will come back next year.

Some notables:
@DanBrodeen thanks for the hard work and everyone else who volunteered this weekend.
@Stef I'm sorry I didn't do your ride!! No brownies for me!!
@Fire Lord Jim it was great talking to you Fri night.

To everyone else, I saw from this forum and didn't say hi too, it's cause I suck at remembering faces, just bikes.

And lastly, it was so awesome seeing everyone of all ages riding bikes. I felt like it was the 70s again!

PS. I was the guy with the travel trailer on the volleyball court. Look for me next year.
I know I had the brownies!!

Top Bottom