Jungle Habitat Conditions

is the leaf cover too much or is it still good?
Stags is blown, as well as some single track to rollers off and back onto the trail! I also walked a good portion of it today - its rock solid despite the snow/frostheave.

Also, sorry for replying and then forgetting to return for a month... Ive been burning a lot of midnight oil that was previously allocated to forum surfing to finish the trail. I appreciate everyone's offers for volunteering- we're definitely going to call on you when it comes time for maintenance!

Anyhoo, Stags is open - come check it out! If you like it and want to see what sort of berms we can make, consider donating to our next venture in Stephens!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114-112019_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-112019_Instagram.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20221114-112026_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-112026_Instagram.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20221114_093607_161.jpg
    IMG_20221114_093607_161.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20221114_093609_192.jpg
    IMG_20221114_093609_192.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 140
currently extremely wet which will be followed by extremely icy then after a few days looks like extremely muddy, just the way it is now. see you next year I guess.

looks like a heavy freeze/thaw rotation for the next week, parts of the park will be super muddy

Trials were in great shape today. Just a little wetness at the top of Baboon from some thaw up by the fence.

Doing some TM today and tomorrow. I'll post up where I rode.

Started with the road. Kinda hard to get the porta potties up there so did the needful ... just came down on Sunday. Park gave us the green light to saw.

13A3DA68-217E-4AF0-BFEC-0FC62AEA32B1.jpeg
507DF85C-F57E-4D24-9F88-65E5684B420F.jpeg

rode around the Jungle race course today - everything was good except for the top
of tiger pen (or maybe fish) where you go through the fence heading downhill.
Trail should be moved. may just 10' more away from the fence.
It catches the water cause it is a rut - the cool thing is that it can be used to protect a new trail a bit dh from it.

Probably cutting snake out of the course this year - it was soft, then quickly turns into a river with some rain.

Cleared all the derailleur eaters, and some of the rocks that migrate with the water and snow.
Cleared the clogs in the stream crossings - so no wading.

see ya all in 10 days.

Last edited:
Snake is back in the loop for the cat 3 group. Safari is so bombed out that drilling it downhill is way too dangerous.
Cleared the hangers and face slappers from there. Also got a grasshopper Vine that looked like it could hook a wheel.
Worked on the paved path up to the tubes. Lots of stick:pick-up.

Go get it - the trails are riding fast.
If you are riding the race course, sticks and face slappers are cleared.
Markings are in-place.

Go get it - the trails are riding fast.
If you are riding the race course, sticks and face slappers are cleared.
Markings are in-place.
Is it the same as last year?

Is it the same as last year?

yes - without the mud!

That rock-roll thing after crossing Stags was removed from the race.
was kinda sure it was in last year - even with the water.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions