Slate Valley Trails, POULTNEY VT

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode SV for the first time this past wknd. Aside from being a modern designed trail system with open flowing lines and minimal braking, I really liked the look of the trails. They looked natural, with minimal disruption to put in trail, yet still create a trailway you can carry speed and ride cool features.

I met one of Sustainable Trailworks employees doing some maintenance and he told me a lot of the trails were hand-built. Sustainable Trailworks built a lot of trails at Stowe and owner Hardy Avery designed and built SV. I'm a fan.

SV Association has a paid director, which helps insure the quality of the trail system and its future is solid.

The trails are free, but I plan to donate and go back.

20230530_120458.jpg
20230530_123558.jpg
20230529_133612.jpg
20230529_142830.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did but a couple of the jumps/drops were above my pay grade and I walked them.

Same, but I still liked it a lot. I remember thinking I might do more on my proper bike. Guess I'll have to go back with it and find out.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Same, but I still liked it a lot. I remember thinking I might do more on my proper bike. Guess I'll have to go back with it and find out.
I'm usually conservative riding solo in VT on trails Im not that familiar with. Some of that stuff is too crazy for me.

JDurk

I rode SV for the first time this past wknd. Aside from being a modern designed trail system with open flowing lines and minimal braking, I really liked the look of the trails. They looked natural, with minimal disruption to put in trail, yet still create a trailway you can carry speed and ride cool features.

I met one of Sustainable Trailworks employees doing some maintenance and he told me a lot of the trails were hand-built. Sustainable Trailworks built a lot of trails at Stowe and owner Hardy Avery designed and built SV. I'm a fan.

SV Association has a paid director, which helps insure the quality of the trail system and its future is solid.

The trails are free, but I plan to donate and go back.

View attachment 214659View attachment 214660View attachment 214661View attachment 214662
That place really is nice. Looks like you had good conditions. Where did you start your ride(s)?

JDurk

The first day was endless brook loop, I parked at the Lake and did a swim afterwards.

The second day was Fairgrounds.
View attachment 214694
View attachment 214695
Nice, I camped a few days in Lake St. Catherine S.P. last year. Rode into Endless Brook up the gravel road and would finish at the golf course, day 1 and 3. Drove over to Fairgrounds and got to ride with 4 locals on a scheduled every other Wed summer group ride. Candice, a former owner of Analog Cycles, was part of the group on her drop bar Tanglefoot. Had a hard time keeping up with her on my Pivot T429.

JDurk

Weekly group ride schedule has been released.

Top Bottom