Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

Thinking of hitting here for the first time tomorrow. Condition status and some tips would be much appreciated.

Rainfall totals varied by quite a bit. Looks like Sterling saw a little less than half of what West Point got.

I am curious to see how the trails held up. I was there when the rain started early Saturday afternoon and saw some of the drainage on the new trail looking good. But there were other spots that showed the need for more work.

I left a ‘rain gauge’ to see how much we got.

IMG_4682.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

The park held up real well to the storm. No damage. A few places on the new section of Redback can use some work. Overall you really can’t tell that is rained hard just 3 days ago.

My pail has about 3.75 inches of water in it.

Blueberries are ripe

IMG_4741.jpeg

Last edited:
The park held up real well to the storm. No damage. A few places on the new section of Redback can use some work. Overall you really can’t tell that is rained hard just 3 days ago.

My pail has about 3.75 inches of water in it.

Blueberries are ripe

View attachment 217999

I'm trail marking tomorrow. Will have my silky if needed.

I'm trail marking tomorrow. Will have my silky if needed.
I had my silky out quite a bit today. Most of the time it was cleaning up low hanging witch hazel that people had broken/twisted around. I walked from Laurel Meadow, Augusta mine, then CW around to the road that cuts between ME and Redback. Then up Redback and down the new section back to Laurel Mwadows. So you should find that part of the trail in good shape. I had my hand mower also. I beat up the under growth at the power line and went hard on the multiflora rose/barberry wherever I saw it.

I had my silky out quite a bit today. Most of the time it was cleaning up low hanging witch hazel that people had broken/twisted around. I walked from Laurel Meadow, Augusta mine, then CW around to the road that cuts between ME and Redback. Then up Redback and down the new section back to Laurel Mwadows. So you should find that part of the trail in good shape. I had my hand mower also. I beat up the under growth at the power line and went hard on the multiflora rose/barberry wherever I saw it.

trail run info here

kinda interesting - there will be a book at the end points to take a page from - proof of no shortcutting.

Think this is the same one

Cleaned up some.small stuff

Attachments

• IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 72
Cleared what I could with silky.
Any chance of getting there with something bigger tomorrow?

IMG_4946.jpeg

IMG_4945.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions