The MetsThread

As you may know, I missed my summer vacation because of covid.
We had big plans. Well, the wife and kid still made it happen.

This is Noah Syndergaard pitching for Philly. Sitting right above the 'Great American Ballpark' sign on the left - well that IS the wife and kid.
Sitting front row at a Monday night game in Cinncy - who are not doing well - costs about the same as sitting field reserve at Citi.
Notice all the empty seats. Not a good look.
It included food and beer! They also made it to Cleveland (1st place team - 1st row mezzanine) and hit the R&R HOF, and Football HOF somewhere along the way.

I worked on a boat.

1661087906032.png

The Reds didn't help us out here - but seems we got Phillies number anyway.

My first ever MLB game I attended in person was mets/Phillies in 1987. Sat in the loge section at Shea, don't remember who won and since I'm a Yankees fan not sure why I stumbled onto this thread but here I am. As awful as it will be, Judge will be great for you guys next year.

Well you got the 1 game lead you need now going into the weekend.....judge hit 61.....finally some good news for NY sports

i went to bed last night expecting to wake-up in second. Was pleasantly surprised!

If the Mets can't beat the Braves - they ain't beating the Dodgers.. Season is pretty much donzo.
Well, the Braves will beat the Dodgers right now. But the fact is the Mets can't beat the Braves so all that is academic anyway. I don't think I've ever been as miserable with a playoff team as I am with this one. They had to just win one of those games to control their own fate. But now they have to win out and the Braves have to lose out for them to win the division, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to do that, even against the Nats. And they'd lose the tiebreaker after last night's loss.

need the mets game cancelled. braves to win tonight.
then it is over - they can start setting up for the playoffs - maybe not even play the makeup game -
except mcneil has a shot at the batting title. maybe they'll come back to him.

Back
Top Bottom