Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

Laurel Trail is all clear now, I cut this one out today.
Hard as hell wood, 700 strokes with the Silky saw.

Dsc08899.jpg
Dsc08900.jpg
Dsc08901.jpg

Skunkape

Riding the Stone Bridge trail off Banker this AM and got lit up by bees again. Right where it splits with Sip, there’s some deadfall blocking the trail you need to step over and I think the nest is inside it. Lil bastids got me four times and gave chase for like a hundred feet. Twice in a month. I gotta start riding in a beekeeper suit.

trekfan

Double pond trail: boardwalk section is almost completely overgrown which makes staying on the planks a pretty difficult task. You can't really see it anymore. Also nature Jim's bridge section is completely under water. Had to turn around. Some down trees here and there but all easily passable (at least to the point where I turned around)

Pumphouse: coming from south end where pumphouse splits with boulder garden is closed apparently. There's a sign there saying closed for trail maintenance and to use boulder garden, but they make no mention of the fact that bikes are banned on boulder garden... Since I was stuck and had zero interest in going all the way back I went pumphouse anyway to see what was going on. They're rebuilding that rock section that crosses the stream towards the lake. Bridge is gone and rocks are piled on each end. Easy to walk by it as it was pretty dry but if it rains and you go this way you're going for a swim to get across.

No idea how long the repair will take but if history is any guide you can ride pumphouse again sometime in 2024

huffster

Double pond trail: boardwalk section is almost completely overgrown which makes staying on the planks a pretty difficult task. You can't really see it anymore. Also nature Jim's bridge section is completely under water. Had to turn around. Some down trees here and there but all easily passable (at least to the point where I turned around)

Pumphouse: coming from south end where pumphouse splits with boulder garden is closed apparently. There's a sign there saying closed for trail maintenance and to use boulder garden, but they make no mention of the fact that bikes are banned on boulder garden... Since I was stuck and had zero interest in going all the way back I went pumphouse anyway to see what was going on. They're rebuilding that rock section that crosses the stream towards the lake. Bridge is gone and rocks are piled on each end. Easy to walk by it as it was pretty dry but if it rains and you go this way you're going for a swim to get across.

No idea how long the repair will take but if history is any guide you can ride pumphouse again sometime in 2024

trekfan

well that's great news that it's not official park business. that means it will actually get completed soon

btw it's amazing to me that there's no mention whatsoever of this on the park's site. it's as if the DEP wants literally nothing whatsoever to do with any of these parks other than throwing down some gravel occasionally and collecting entrance fees, and they didn't even do that this year...

onetracker

New Trail Build: Sunday 11/13/2022 @ 9:30am. Come on out and help us rake and clear deadfall for the new trail. Bring snacks, water and sturdy shoes. Tools will be provided. Ride or hike to worksite. Distance from parking spot = approx 0.75 miles. Meet down in the hollow at the gate at the end of the paved section on Cherry Ridge Road near Cabin "trail"/woods road. Parking spot marked on the attached map with a big orange arrow. Rain will cancel. Check WeatherBug.com or the App; if chance of Rain is 50% or greater, we will reschedule. RSVP to william.romollino<@>jorba<dot> org so we can plan for tools and bagels.

Attachments

• Wayway Map for New Traill Build 10_2022.pdf
    315.7 KB · Views: 109

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions