What are you cooking right now?

qclabrat

I picked up some pork belly at Costco. I’ve never made it before. I don’t have a smoker.

Any good recipes? I’m open to anything. I googled it, but there are 9 million options, looking to take out the trial and error.

@jmanic
@Patrick
@ekuhn
@olegbabich
This is Chinese pork crack for me, one of ten foods I'd order if I were on death row

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sliced, no skin.
somewhere around 5 or 6 pounds. 10-12” strips, maybe 1” thick, 1.5” tall. Around that.

I slow cooked it for 5 hours, cubed it, coated it with something sweet, then high heat to make a little candy out of the sugars.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I picked up some pork belly at Costco. I’ve never made it before. I don’t have a smoker.

Any good recipes? I’m open to anything. I googled it, but there are 9 million options, looking to take out the trial and error.

@jmanic
@Patrick
@ekuhn
@olegbabich
You’re getting better advice than I could offer, be sure and post up!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Scenes from Super Day:
Pickled jalapeños, nachos, chili

Really wanted to try these. Cut the sugar trying to retain the heat, but fresh out of the pot, they didn’t have much kick.
Great flavor and snap, maybe the heat will ramp up in the jar.
B29EF613-F09D-4ABF-9878-25EDB2D8D0B1.jpeg

With some fresh quick pickled jalapeños.
E5086C9F-6F12-42E2-8D3B-15757BF6512D.jpeg

99DA5CC7-D4E3-489F-9814-DFBCA00B0DD3.jpeg92AEE67A-1D79-40AB-BF61-4008BD4A048A.jpeg

Also with a probably unhealthy amount of pickled jalapeños.
4C735F2C-E550-43FC-90B5-281F7A9FF42C.jpeg

Cole

I also stumbled upon this recently.

Removes all the click bait, love story, world history as it relates to cooking a dish, and just gives you the recipe off the website of your choosing.
Nice. The adds are brutal on recipes sites!

Top Bottom