WTB truck

2018 GMC Sierra SLT crew short bed with tow package. It has been solid other than a rodent eating my a/c. Coming up on 90,000 mi. Needs.plugs. I feel a hesitation occasionally. Probably should do brakes too.

Back seat is comfortable. Great on trips. Not as great as the Yukon, but still good. Around 20mpg.

I'm getting a new vehicle soon. I'll give you a deal.

Love the one you’re with, nearly 300,000 miles and still going. Base OHV 4.0 V6 and manual trans, best most reliable car/ truck we’ve ever had. The rust underneath is bad enough that we’re looking to replace it before next year’s vacation. It was our only car for a decade but is now a third vehicle.

I really want something all 5 of us can ride in and fit all of our stuff too. There’s two more bikes including the tandem in there with all our crap but only room for me to drive so we take two cars to the shore. A crew cab pick up with a cap or full sized SUV would be great!IMG_4036.jpeg

Love the one you’re with, nearly 300,000 miles and still going. Base OHV 4.0 V6 and manual trans, best most reliable car/ truck we’ve ever had. The rust underneath is bad enough that we’re looking to replace it before next year’s vacation. It was our only car for a decade but is now a third vehicle.

I really want something all 5 of us can ride in and fit all of our stuff too. There’s two more bikes including the tandem in there with all our crap but only room for me to drive so we take two cars to the shore. A crew cab pick up with a cap or full sized SUV would be great!View attachment 222411
That's great... Funny I have been looking around at used trucks for a spare vehicle.... Was considering a ranger.... Thought I might want a jeep, but Jesus christ do they suck to drive

@GSTim purchased a used truck not too long ago
After @Patrick s GMC finally gave up the ghost just short of 300K miles (I really tried to get it there 😁), I started looking for a replacement. I was looking for something around $15K and a reasonable sized bed. I looked at GM, Dodge, Toyotas and reluctantly Fords (GM guy at heart 😀). The bottom line is that there are a lot of trucks out there that are beat to hell and people still want too much for them. I had look at a lot of junk and for a long time before I found the one I bought. It's a 2014 F150 that was garage kept and had about 110K miles. I was able to get it for $17K which was more than I wanted to spend but this was very clean. I hated the huge chrome grille and the wheels and tires. Much to @Carson s chagrine, I changed to a "Raptor" style grille. Changed the lights, wheels and tires and I'm very happy with it. The Ecoboost has great power and gets somewhat decent mileage ( ~18 around town, ~23 hwy both unloaded).
PXL_20230528_135800304.jpgPXL_20230528_135752350.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious what you consider decent milage? Idr what the range was when I was shopping just that it was equal-better than my car at the time

P.S. I really think the reason I was able to get this truck at a reasonable price was the guy who was selling it was an older guy and his FB Marketplace ad sucked. The main picture was of the wheels and the other pics were horrible. Luckily it was close to me and I went out to look at it and bought it on the spot.

P.S. I really think the reason I was able to get this truck at a reasonable price was the guy who was selling it was an older guy and his FB Marketplace ad sucked. The main picture was of the wheels and the other pics were horrible. Luckily it was close to me and I went out to look at it and bought it on the spot.
I got some good deals on vintage camera gear by searching eBay using typos.

where is everyone's go to for looking for used vehicles? other than say FB marketplace.

where is everyone's go to for looking for used vehicles? other than say FB marketplace.
when i was looking for my truck i was on cars.com everyday to see what used ones were in on trade in but there are also private sellers. i think you can filter out dealers if you want

Craigslist and FB Marketplace were where I was looking. All of the bigger sites (Carvana, etc.) and dealers were crazy expensive.

Mostly FB but even private sellers are as crazy as dealers. We caught this on a whim driving back from Jefferson and stopped by Northway on 15 south. They were actually really mellow. Super easy to deal with and about only lot to have a selection. This was on lot for 2 days. They are kinda smart Hondas and Ford pick ups were most of their inventory.
If you go and buy mention Jason as he wood get a referral cost. They are also in Sussex iirc.

Depends on what kind of buyer you are. If you're not looking for bargain basement prices and want relatively new (off-lease) vehicles with no shenanigans and willing to pay a little more then checkout autolenders.com.

Back
Top Bottom