Biggest loser

Friday check in.

Didn't get in as much riding as I wanted to - but a good long ride Monday with my gals. Worked at the farm and two days of CrossFit. I've been hungry earlier in the morning but staying on track with my healthy eating.

Down 1.5 lbs for a total of 18.2 lbs.

Hiking with the kids today - should be a great time! Have a great weekend!

Absolutely crushing it!

E2M program R8W6D6

Diet
Did well this week. Still sneaking in a snack here and there. Waited until Fri evening to have two beers while patio sitting. No celebration meal yet, leaving that until Sunday afternoon when the family celebrates my dad turning 81. So cake and ice cream will be had.

Exercise
30min dawn patrol runs as a warm-up for the circuit days M/W/F. Dawn patrol local rides on T/Th were good. Lunch walks at Rancocas State Park to clear the head while at work. After typing this heading to Belmont to do a quick ride on the SS before the rain. Running a 5k in Cape May tomorrow morning. Week 7 will be the same and then the MASS race at Fair Hill is next Saturday. Always a big turnout and will be doing Endurance SS.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
4/10/23 current weight =183.6
Diff: weekly down 2.2, total lost = 51.8
Accepting the fluctuations a few pounds +/-, but pretty much maintaining at around 185. I'd like to think I can get back to the 180 range before TSE.

Wife was down .5lb on her weigh in and has increased her activity.
E2M program R8W7D6

Diet
Another good week. Kept snacking under control. After the 5k last Sunday at a winery, BYOB my own beer and had an awesome burger with fries. A few more beers Sunday afternoon at my Dad's birthday party. The cake and ice cream were so good. No celebration meal so far this week. Maybe something tomorrow.

Exercise
Took it a little easier after the 5k, no running just easy spin bike sessions, circuits, extra credit weights and lunch walks. Did the #notarace at Belmont on Thursday evening and did pretty well. Was just going to ride, but got caught up in the racing. Up early this morning to make the trek to Fair Hill, MD for the MASS race and Endurance SS.

Weight
4/22/23 current weight =181.6
Diff: weekly down 2.0, total lost = 53.8
Happy with the drop. Let's see where it is Sunday and Monday after racing today and eating a bunch.

Wife is maintaining, but activity level is low.

Current Weight: 184.0 lbs (-16.0 lbs YTD)

Goal Weight End of April: 179.8 lbs

Screenshot_20230422-084309.png

Been a very shaky April diet wise. Multiple social events making it very tough to say on the plan...and not on my A game with cooking and meal prepping on top of that. I've also been very in tune with how much and how long I feel bloated after a bad day of eating carbs and sweets. Takes 2-3 days to feel normal afterwards.

Screenshot_20230422-084550.png

Training has been going well...I'm switching off from TrainerRoad's sweet spot plan....4-5 days of sweet spot is absolutely mental. Going to a polarized plan.

1682167842231.png

Pleased with where I am for it being April but far from content. Onward!

2023 - Week 15
'23 Starting Weight: 201.3
Current Weight: 189.2
Week: -2.4
YTD: -12.1

This was the result of more "moving around" - lots of steps this week.
A bit better about food and alc (had a beer on monday with my brother, and one on thursday with the Queen)
Trying a bit harder this week with the food. Looks like a couple great riding days coming up.
Got back into grazing mode - so need to replace it with water (or coffee!)

amazing how a gallon of water weighs 8lbs, yet having that level of daily hydration supports the body's processes,
so ya lose weight!

As an aside, Norm's Mom is not one to be trifled with.

2023 - Week 15
'23 Starting Weight: 201.3
Current Weight: 189.2
Week: -2.4
YTD: -12.1

This was the result of more "moving around" - lots of steps this week.
A bit better about food and alc (had a beer on monday with my brother, and one on thursday with the Queen)
Trying a bit harder this week with the food. Looks like a couple great riding days coming up.
Got back into grazing mode - so need to replace it with water (or coffee!)

amazing how a gallon of water weighs 8lbs, yet having that level of daily hydration supports the body's processes,
so ya lose weight!

As an aside, Norm's Mom is not one to be trifled with.
Good job. Hydration is a big part of weight loss.

8.3453 lbs/gal to be exact

Last edited:
Its been about a month since i posted last.
Still going down.
This AM i hit 232#

This weekend besides my keto like eating
I entered into a intermittent fasting style with the hopes of continuing through the week. Just for 7 days and adjust from there.

Definitely found the energy i have been lacking, pushing harder on my solo rides, yes you can ride turbo and still push lol. It really does give you a nice substantial avg HR if done right.

Last edited:
If anyone that is curious about the E2M fitness program that I've been following since Jan '22, with excellent results, sign ups are open again for the new 8wk round.

This is now a lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise for my wife and I. I've never felt better and my cycling has shown huge improvements.

Website for signing up: https://e2mfitness.com/
FB group for general info: https://www.facebook.com/E2Mfitness...lback=0&show_follower_visibility_disclosure=0
I can also attest to this - I'm an E2M person who @JDurk got me going...

So ok, im embarrassed to say that I have mildly followed this thread mistaking it for @Patrick personal blog. So usually when I have looked in it, it was Pat posting something....I didnt realize it was a mass dieting thread....ill pay a little closer attention now.

For myself....I have made some diet changes based on my broken leg. When I broke my other leg in 2006 I gained like 30lbs and it took finding mountain biking to fix that. But since the end of January I have been trying to get my diet cleaned up since I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much exercise. Joined a gym with a pool and rowing machines.....started lifting weight again....I have lifted the past couple of years, but nothing very serious...just something to do that wasnt bike riding

Now that im trying to rebuild my leg...and quite frankly the rest of my body....Im eating more than I typically would this time of year where I would otherwise be doing intervals and eating less. Now im tracking my protein, making sure im at ~.8grm per pound....Cut out pretty much all added sugar with the exception of a couple of tablespoons of my coffee creamer that I love....and someone will have to pry that from my dead hand :) Meal prepping alot...my usual....eggs, chicken, sweet potato, green vegetables, nuts, proteins shakes. Pretty much doing some kind of lifting + cardio everyday....either swim, bike or rowing. Plus stretching and PT for my ankle. Not really trying to lose weight at the moment persay....maybe 7-10 lbs at we get towards summer. More just trying to make my leg grow back. But this has been one of the longer stretches that I have tracked my calories/macronutrients.

Nice reading thru and seeing everyone's success, nice work!

making sure im at ~.8grm per pound....

I’ve been trying to do 1.5g per kg, which works out to a hair less than this but about the same. Anyway, when I first started it wasn’t easy. Especially if I didn’t get a good chunk in at breakfast. I’ve been doing Kodiak cake pancakes and a little syrup and 2 eggs. This gets about 40-45g. Then grilled chicken included with my lunch is another 40g or so. A couple of snacks with almonds or jerky and then I don’t have to go overboard at dinner.

I’ve been trying to do 1.5g per kg, which works out to a hair less than this but about the same. Anyway, when I first started it wasn’t easy. Especially if I didn’t get a good chunk in at breakfast. I’ve been doing Kodiak cake pancakes and a little syrup and 2 eggs. This gets about 40-45g. Then grilled chicken included with my lunch is another 40g or so. A couple of snacks with almonds or jerky and then I don’t have to go overboard at dinner.
ya it can be a pain....I find the protein powder helps alot. I dont like to eat breakfast right when I get up, usually wait until I get to work...which means something like some overnight oats and an RX bar.....not my favorite, but it works

Happy Friday!

Before my weekly post...

Sunday marks my 6 month mark in this E2M journey (wrapping up Round 3 of the 8 week program). A little background - I've struggled with weight my whole life. I was a fat kid - I was actually diagnosed by my PCP as "obese" and was put on multiple diets as a kid. I lost the weight - unhealthy - in high school and played sports which kept it down. Then in college I packed it on - and in graduate school I hit my all time high of 150 pounds (I'm 5'2"). I reset after finishing my Masters by doing the South Beach diet...then weight watchers...then found cycling.

Riding did keep my weight down - but since I stopped "training" and racing, the weight was coming on. Not to mention I am pre-menopause...so things are changing. I also have food allergies - which I chose to ignore. Specifically wheat and a gluten intolerance....I was still drinking beer - and paying for it.

I've tried counting calories...using Noom and MyFitness. Eating 1200 calories left me hungry and cranky. That didn't work for me.

I saw @JDurk success with E2M here. I hounded him with a gazillion questions - and knew i needed a lifestyle change as well as guidance. So I signed up and started last Halloween.

I've made some major changes in what I eat - and eat to fuel. I eat more protein and fats than carbs - which is helping me. I also cut out sugar. My allergies have been in check - and my inflammation is down (my snoring is minimal). I haven't touched beer. I feel good. And...I've lost almost 20 pounds.

I've had a lot of support from my husband - but I don't really talk about it to many. Unless they ask.

So that's where I'm at...

Had a solid week of riding (3 MTB) and 2 days of CrossFit. Walking in the morning for the school step challenge also. Down another pound - for a total of 19.2. I have to do my measurements still. I would like to see 20 this weekend just because I'm that type of person but I'm happy with where I'm at!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:
So ok, im embarrassed to say that I have mildly followed this thread mistaking it for @Patrick personal blog. So usually when I have looked in it, it was Pat posting something....I didnt realize it was a mass dieting thread....ill pay a little closer attention now.

For myself....I have made some diet changes based on my broken leg. When I broke my other leg in 2006 I gained like 30lbs and it took finding mountain biking to fix that. But since the end of January I have been trying to get my diet cleaned up since I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much exercise. Joined a gym with a pool and rowing machines.....started lifting weight again....I have lifted the past couple of years, but nothing very serious...just something to do that wasnt bike riding

Now that im trying to rebuild my leg...and quite frankly the rest of my body....Im eating more than I typically would this time of year where I would otherwise be doing intervals and eating less. Now im tracking my protein, making sure im at ~.8grm per pound....Cut out pretty much all added sugar with the exception of a couple of tablespoons of my coffee creamer that I love....and someone will have to pry that from my dead hand :) Meal prepping alot...my usual....eggs, chicken, sweet potato, green vegetables, nuts, proteins shakes. Pretty much doing some kind of lifting + cardio everyday....either swim, bike or rowing. Plus stretching and PT for my ankle. Not really trying to lose weight at the moment persay....maybe 7-10 lbs at we get towards summer. More just trying to make my leg grow back. But this has been one of the longer stretches that I have tracked my calories/macronutrients.

Nice reading thru and seeing everyone's success, nice work!

Collagen is good for adding protein and for bone support. There is a creamer versions as well for coffee. I take two tablespoons a day with me protein for over a year now. It’s one of things you can’t give up on.

I would also suggest adding casein protein into the mix later in the day. Whey fills the shelves but tons of value in casein at the right time- before bed for example.

Last edited:
E2M program R8W7D6

Diet
Another good week. Kept snacking under control. After the 5k last Sunday at a winery, BYOB my own beer and had an awesome burger with fries. A few more beers Sunday afternoon at my Dad's birthday party. The cake and ice cream were so good. No celebration meal so far this week. Maybe something tomorrow.

Exercise
Took it a little easier after the 5k, no running just easy spin bike sessions, circuits, extra credit weights and lunch walks. Did the #notarace at Belmont on Thursday evening and did pretty well. Was just going to ride, but got caught up in the racing. Up early this morning to make the trek to Fair Hill, MD for the MASS race and Endurance SS.

Weight
4/22/23 current weight =181.6
Diff: weekly down 2.0, total lost = 53.8
Happy with the drop. Let's see where it is Sunday and Monday after racing today and eating a bunch.

Wife is maintaining, but activity level is low.
E2M program R8W8D6
R8 coming to a close, and no plans to stop following this fitness routine. Sign-ups are currently open for the next 8wk round through Wednesday, 5/3 I believe. The round starts Monday, 5/1. https://e2mfitness.com/

Diet
Was good with diet again. After racing on Saturday, was hungry all day on Sunday. May have had a few Sunday Funday beers while doing yard work. Heading out this afternoon and may swing by Vincentown Diner for some meatloaf, as seen on D.D.D.

Exercise
Raced at Fair Hill last Saturday. Finished with a P5/9 in Endurance SS. 7 laps in 4:43, 52mi with 4,831ft of climbing on 32x19 gearing. Started dealing with some cramping during lap 5 and had to be careful the rest of the way. Interesting enough, in 2022, using gears and full suspension, I did Endurance 45+ and was P24/38 for 6 laps in 4:43. Resumed running as a warm-up for the circuits, M/W/F. Tuesday rode the trainer and Thursday Belmont #notarace, 9th overall and 1st place SS. Will be spending the week getting ready for the Xterra Duathlon at Wawayanda next Saturday.

Weight
4/28/22 current weight = 182.4
Diff: weekly up 0.8, total lost = 53
Looking back 1yr today, was just finishing up the 2nd 8wk round of E2M and coincidently, my weight was 182.4lbs. I've been lower in the time since, but I've definitely put some muscle weight on from increasing the weight used during the circuits and being consistent with extra credit weight workouts.

April 30, 2022
20220430_081139.jpg
20220430_081148.jpg

April 29, 2023
20230429_070409.jpg
20230429_070432.jpg

Last edited:
E2M program R8W8D6
R8 coming to a close, and no plans to stop following this fitness routine. Sign-ups are currently open for the next 8wk round through Wednesday, 5/3 I believe. The round starts Monday, 5/1. https://e2mfitness.com/

Diet
Was good with diet again. After racing on Saturday, was hungry all day on Sunday. May have had a few Sunday Funday beers while doing yard work. Heading out this afternoon and may swing by Vincentown Diner for some meatloaf, as seen on D.D.D.

Exercise
Raced at Fair Hill last Saturday. Finished with a P5/9 in Endurance SS. 7 laps in 4:43, 52mi with 4,831ft of climbing on 32x19 gearing. Started dealing with some cramping during lap 5 and had to be careful the rest of the way. Interesting enough, in 2022, using gears and full suspension, I did Endurance 45+ and was P24/38 for 6 laps in 4:43. Resumed running as a warm-up for the circuits, M/W/F. Tuesday rode the trainer and Thursday Belmont #notarace, 9th overall and 1st place SS. Will be spending the week getting ready for the Xterra Duathlon at Wawayanda next Saturday.

Weight
4/28/22 current weight = 182.4
Diff: weekly up 0.8, total lost = 53
Looking back 1yr today, was just finishing up the 2nd 8wk round of E2M and coincidently, my weight was 182.4lbs. I've been lower in the time since, but I've definitely put some muscle weight on from increasing the weight used during the circuits and being consistent with extra credit weight workouts.

April 30, 2022
View attachment 212526View attachment 212527

April 29, 2023
View attachment 212529View attachment 212530
Kudos for being brave and posting the results like that. Can clearly see the difference ! 💪🏻💪🏻

Back
Top Bottom