Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

I see I’m not the only former Fox body Mustang owner here (3 between me and the wife). 5.0 Mustangs were the best bang for the buck at the time but don’t miss them very much, they really were crap and ran forever so lots of time to develop rattles and fatigue. My convertible was like driving a noodle by the time it had 250,000 miles. We have a 2008 convertible now for sunny days. Such a better chassis, you forget it’s a ragtop when the roof is up.

I see I’m not the only former Fox body Mustang owner here (3 between me and the wife). 5.0 Mustangs were the best bang for the buck at the time but don’t miss them very much, they really were crap and ran forever so lots of time to develop rattles and fatigue. My convertible was like driving a noodle by the time it had 250,000 miles. We have a 2008 convertible now for sunny days. Such a better chassis, you forget it’s a ragtop when the roof is up.
i've owned 2 foxes and a new edge. they are cheap, fun cars. just what they were supposed to be. you are right, the convertibles are flexy as hell though. Put subframes in a fox and it is good to go. the worst part about them is the seats breaking so the back wont stay up and the ashtray cover spring falling off and never shutting again

i've owned 2 foxes and a new edge. they are cheap, fun cars. just what they were supposed to be. you are right, the convertibles are flexy as hell though. Put subframes in a fox and it is good to go. the worst part about them is the seats breaking so the back wont stay up and the ashtray cover spring falling off and never shutting again
I found it funny a couple of years ago I drove someone's fox body and without thinking pushed the button to remove the key.

Even with having removed that "feature" on my last one it's second nature.

Never had a broken seat though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom