Coffee

@Soundguy

See above about objective coffee discussions.

If you ever find yourself in Lancaster, PA - and boy I hope you don't willingly do so - I cannot recommend Passenger Coffee enough. We were here 3 days and I went 5 times. It is absolutely a great shop. I had 3 different aeropress beans as well as the espresso. All of them were top-notch. Aside from that, the people working the counter - different people each day - were fabulously nice & helpful. Each day I put together a difficult order and they all rolled with it, every day.

The only reason it wasn't 6 times is because I wanted to try Square One a few blocks away. While that place had a great cup, it was $9 for a pour over, before tip. The service was meh also. Great coffee but too $$ for most normal humans.

I enjoyed Passenger so much I am going to give them a try online the next time I need to order. This is what I had a few times, which was very good. And that price point is a solid 10-25% less than the going rate for good beans these days.

@Soundguy

See above about objective coffee discussions.

If you ever find yourself in Lancaster, PA - and boy I hope you don't willingly do so - I cannot recommend Passenger Coffee enough. We were here 3 days and I went 5 times. It is absolutely a great shop. I had 3 different aeropress beans as well as the espresso. All of them were top-notch. Aside from that, the people working the counter - different people each day - were fabulously nice & helpful. Each day I put together a difficult order and they all rolled with it, every day.

The only reason it wasn't 6 times is because I wanted to try Square One a few blocks away. While that place had a great cup, it was $9 for a pour over, before tip. The service was meh also. Great coffee but too $$ for most normal humans.

I enjoyed Passenger so much I am going to give them a try online the next time I need to order. This is what I had a few times, which was very good. And that price point is a solid 10-25% less than the going rate for good beans these days.
I’ve been drooling over the cups you posted on Instagram. I didn’t know people were so civilized out that way.

I’ve been drooling over the cups you posted on Instagram. I didn’t know people were so civilized out that way.
York and Lancaster are relatively the same size on opposite sides of the river, Red and White Rose Cities. For whatever reason, Lancaster City has always been the more hip of the two cities. In HS all the cool shows made a stop in philly and the scene was always in Lancaster even though the city was a POS. We used to skate downtown and the mcDonalds in Lancaster was the first place I saw a menu with spanish on it. Kudos to someone that totally revitalized the Lancaster downtown.

I remember reading some years back that gamers were moving to Lancaster because they had gotten some big fiber line to tap into and I guess rent is cheaper compared to more hip cities.

Stopped in Rothrock Coffee after Stage 2 of TSE, since we were close to State College. Though I didn't ride my SS for the event, it is the primary bike I ride. Good stuff for this morning.
20230529_072454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom